Experienced IT developer/analyst who loves to solve tough problems by delivering outstanding business intelligence, data analytics, and technical solutions as part of a world-class team.
Summary of Qualifications
- Compelling combination of technical skills, business acumen, and a strong work ethic
- Over 20 years of experience in software development and analysis
- Track record of innovation (R&D, product development, mobile advertising launch, 26 patents granted)
- Track record of delivery (enterprise IT projects, system integration, data warehousing/analytics)
Team lead for the Order Validation Module (OVM), a mission-critical order entry gateway and product catalog used by Sprint systems and external partners.
- Manage project work and ticket assignments for a team of ~10 developers (US, Brazil, Philippines, Argentina)
- Act as technical lead for a Scrum team consisting of ~20 analysts, testers, and developers
- Triage, manage, and report on production tickets
- Coordinate code/design/architecture reviews
- Conduct interviews, facilitate training, and run knowledge transfer sessions
- Selected for the Sprint Next Leaders Program (2018-2019)
- Tech/tools used: Java, Java EE, Oracle, SQL, Python, shell scripting, MQ, XML, SOAP, web services, Eclipse, Subversion, Ant, XMLSpy, Agile Central, JIRA
Android developer for 1Weather, one of the highest-rated (4.6 out of 5) and most popular Android weather apps, with an installed base of over 6 million users.
- Primary developer for 1Weather 4.0, which included a major refactoring and Material Design implementation
- Tech/tools used: Android, Java, web services, Git, Rally, Jenkins
Served as a lead developer for the Order Validation Module (OVM), a mission-critical order entry gateway used by external partners (e.g., Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy) and internal systems (e.g., Sprint Retail RMS, Sprint.com).
- Performed analysis, design, development, test support, and production support for all OVM functions including credit check, account/plan/service validation, and activation
- Worked on key projects such as Boost Family Plans and Sprint's "Cut Your Bill In Half" promotion
- Tech/tools used: Java, Java EE, Oracle, SQL, XML, SOAP, web services, Eclipse, Subversion, Ant, XMLSpy, Agile Central, JIRA
Performed analysis, design, and programming functions for Sprint's Revenue Life Cycle team.
- Developed and maintained software to support billing issue analysis/resolution, pricing, workflow, and reporting
- Tech/tools used: Java, Java EE, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, BusinessObjects, Crystal Reports, Eclipse
Responsible for the strategy, architecture, requirements, development, and support of the Customer Sensing Platform (CSP), a high-performance analytics engine and data warehouse.
- Led a team of 7 analysts, developers, DBAs, and sysadmins
- Coordinated activities related to data source analysis, data mapping, ETL design, data modeling, reporting, analytics processes, and vendor management
- Provided critical demographic and behavioral data feeds to Sprint's industry-leading Mobile Advertising Platform
- Engaged with Sprint's Office of Privacy to ensure compliance with internal policy, industry standards, and legal/regulatory restrictions
- Gave presentations to upper management regarding data usage, customer analytics, product roadmaps, and platform capabilities
- Tech/tools used: Oracle, SQL, Teradata, Ab Initio
Member of the EAI Design Team, responsible for interface specification and technical design of EAI components
- Acted as EAI design lead for several billing integration projects related to the Sprint/Nextel merger
- Tech/tools used: Java, Java EE, Oracle, SQL, XML, SOAP, MQ, web services, Eclipse, CM Synergy, Visio, XMLSpy
Responsible for designing, building, and testing prototypes of new wireless product offerings.
- Served as a development lead for the industry-leading analytics engine used by the Sprint Mobile Advertising Platform, which went from concept to production launch in less than 9 months
- Built a strong track record of innovation, with 25 patents granted by the US Patent and Trademark Office
- Tech/tools used: Java, J2ME, Ab Initio, Oracle, Visio, ETL, Savvion BPM
Designed and built software components for the Enterprise Integration/EAI system.
- Performed a wide variety of job functions, including Java programming, requirements analysis, application design, architecture, test support, and intranet development
Created J2EE-based web solutions using EJBs, servlets, and JSPs in the fields of health care, reinsurance, and digital media.
Designed and built intranet sites to support Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Eskind Biomedical Library.
Designed and built intranet sites for Vanderbilt Health Services.
- Developed the Managed Care Information Station (MCIS), a website used by VUMC clinicians and support staff to navigate Vanderbilt's complex set of insurance contracts
- Tech/tools used: PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, Microsoft Access
- Shell Scripting
- Application Architecture
- Data Modeling
- Requirements Analysis/Management
- Technical Design
- Technical Writing
- Microsoft Access
- Web Services
- Struts 1 and 2
- Adobe Photoshop
- Agile Central
- Visual Studio Code
|Western Governors University
B.S. Data Management/Data Analytics
Expected in 2020
|Ohio State University
Bachelor of Music Education (unfinished)
OSU Presidential Scholarship, OSU Men's Glee Club, OSU Statesmen, Symphonic Choir, Chorale, Music Theory, Conducting
|School for Creative and Performing Arts
Class valedictorian, National Honor Society, Corbett-Mayerson Scholarship for Music Composition, Williams College Book Award, junior class treasurer, sophomore class president, Meridian 8 (vocal jazz ensemble), chorale student director/accompanist.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- 8,914,360 - System and method for providing location-based video content
- 8,914,016 - External interface for a mobile device (cont. of 8,254,991)
- 8,626,586 - Coordinated advertising for multiple wearable advertising display systems
- 8,462,677 - Enabling communication between end points of different networks
- 8,339,259 - System and method for setting an alarm by a third party
- 8,326,673 - Carrier data based product inventory management and marketing
- 8,265,693 - Mobile device as a personal computer assistant
- 8,254,991 - External interface for a mobile device
- 8,254,308 - Method and system for acoustically triggering electronic coupon retrieval
- 8,249,918 - Context based content adjacency filtering
- 8,214,454 - Seamless retrieval of non-standard items for a mobile device (cont. of 7,680,899)
- 8,214,382 - Database predicate constraints on structured query language statements
- 8,213,875 - Learning and adaptive communication services
- 8,204,073 - Personalized television
- 8,136,114 - Business process management system having dynamic task assignment
- 8,060,591 - Automatic delivery of alerts including static and dynamic portions
- 8,055,247 - Mobile audible data services
- 7,907,213 - Wireless multimedia content at television host device
- 7,904,119 - Automatic rotation through play out of audio-clips in repsonse to detected alert events (cont. of 7,653,418)
- 7,822,846 - Method and system for brokering media files
- 7,742,762 - Systems and methods for remote notification, diagnostics and remedy management
- 7,729,948 - Systems and methods for enabling customer care assistance with self-service transactions
- 7,720,872 - Software interface mapping tool
- 7,715,873 - Wearable accessories providing visual indicia of incoming events for wireless telecommunications device
- 7,680,899 - Seamless retrieval of non-standard items for a mobile device
- 7,653,418 - Automatic rotation through play out of audio-clips in response to detected alert events