Hi, I'm Devon.
I'm a software developer interested in data engineering, application integration, and technical architecture. I work for T-Mobile as principal software engineer and EAI development team lead. I live in Lorain, Ohio with my wife, Chrissie.
I grew up in Cincinnati where I had the incredible good luck to attend the School for Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA). I studied Music Education at Ohio State and still love to write and arrange music when I get time, although my few pro credits are long behind me.
- I love to learn. I always have a book in my hands or a podcast in my earbuds.
- When I was a kid, my dream jobs were typist, animator, astronaut, ILM special effects artist, and film music composer. If my 7-year-old self could see me now, spending 90% of my day typing, he would be ecstatic.
- My favorite movie is The Princess Bride. I saw it in the theater when it first came out. I don't think I've ever been part of a more surprised and insantaneous shout of laughter from an audience than when Peter Cook as the "Impressive Clergyman" opened his mouth and said, "Mawwiage". It's a perfect movie.
- My favorite non-fiction book is A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.
- My name is pronounced DEH-vin bee-AIR.
Contact / Follow
|Github - dbiere|
|LinkedIn - Devon Biere|
|Medium - @dbiere|
|Twitter - @DevonBiere|
- Recently completed my B.S. of Data Management/Data Analytics at WGU!
- Diving back into Python and Django. The source code for this site is shared on Github.
- Recently read...
- The Overstory: A Novel
- The Guns of August
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Book 4
- This is How You Lose the Time War
- The Three-Body Problem
- Life, the Universe, and Everything: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Book 3
- Recently watched...
- If Beale Street Could Talk (2018)
- 3 Days of the Condor (1975)
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- Rashomon (1950)
- Battleship Potemkin (1925)
- The 39 Steps (1935)