Hi, I'm Devon.
I'm a software developer interested in data engineering, application integration, and technical architecture. I work for T-Mobile as principal software engineer and EAI development team lead. I live in Lorain, Ohio with my wife, Chrissie.
I grew up in Cincinnati where I had the incredible good luck to attend the School for Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA). I studied Music Education at Ohio State and still love to write and arrange music when I get time, although my few pro credits are long behind me.
- I love to learn. I always have a book in my hands or a podcast in my earbuds.
- When I was a kid, my dream jobs were typist, animator, astronaut, ILM special effects artist, and film music composer. If my 7-year-old self could see me now, spending 90% of my day typing, he would be ecstatic.
- My favorite movie is The Princess Bride. I saw it in the theater when it first came out. I don't think I've ever been part of a more surprised and insantaneous shout of laughter from an audience than when Peter Cook as the "Impressive Clergyman" opened his mouth and said, "Mawwiage". It's a perfect movie.
- My favorite non-fiction book is A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.
- My name is pronounced DEH-vin bee-AIR.
Contact / Follow
|Github - dbiere|
|Twitter - @devon_biere|
- Working on B.S. of Data Management/Data Analytics at WGU. My goal is to finish by June 2021 (currently 92.6% complete).
- Diving back into Python and Django. The source code for this site is shared on Github.
- Recently read...
- What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
- Infinite Country: A Novel
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X: As Told to Alex Haley
- The Silent Patient
- Dark Matter: A Novel
- The Midnight Library
- Recently watched...
- Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Doctor Sleep (2019)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)