Hi, I'm Devon.
I'm a software developer and aspiring data scientist. I work for T-Mobile as an EAI development team lead. I'm currently working on my Bachelor of Science in Data Management/Data Analytics at WGU.
I grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio where I had the incredible good luck to attend the School for Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA). I studied Music Education at Ohio State and still love to write and arrange music when I get time, although my few pro credits are long behind me.
- I love to learn. I always have a book in my hands or a podcast in my earbuds.
- When I was a kid, my dream jobs were typist, animator, astronaut, ILM special effects artist, and film music composer. If my 7-year-old self could see me now, spending 90% of my day typing, he would be ecstatic.
- My favorite movie is The Princess Bride. I saw it in the theater when it first came out. I don't think I've ever been part of a more surprised and insantaneous shout of laughter from an audience than when Peter Cook as the "Impressive Clergyman" opened his mouth and said, "Mawwiage". It's a perfect movie.
- My favorite non-fiction book is A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.
- My name is pronounced DEH-vin bee-AIR.
Contact / Follow
|Github - dbiere|
- Working on B.S. of Data Management/Data Analytics at WGU. Goal is to finish by June 2021 (currently 84.3% complete).
- Diving back into Python and Django. The source code for this site is shared on Github.
- Recently read...
- The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements
- The Sleepwalker's Guide to Dancing
- Race and Reunion: The Civil War in American Memory
- A Thousand Small Sanities: The Moral Adventure of Liberalism
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
- LaRose: A Novel
- Recently watched...
- Derek DelGaudio's In & Of Itself (2021)
- Palm Springs (2020)
- Murder on the Orient Express (2017)
- Soul (2020)
- Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey (2020)
- Tenet (2020)